12/09/2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Squared, Björn Rudberg's "Loon is calling"

The task in this Tan Renga challenge is to turn a haiku into four stanzas. In this case here an atmospheric haiku by Bjorn Rudberg that really reaches and tugs in a moody feeling. Accordingly the stanzas are added in order to form a cooperative Tan Renga.

evening mist
memories are fading
loon is calling

I am far from the river
but the river is not far from me

what is it 
that this haunting sound wants from me
when I am so lost?

my hands tremble, I raise my gun
for a shot must be fired for a kill



5 comments:

  1. I have never hunted.. but I think the contrast between the stillness of the wilderness and that kill must feel something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The loon as messenger ... or as an arm of the conscience perhaps? This is haunting, Hamish ---

    ReplyDelete
  3. alas, poor loon
    quite a twist at the end there Hamish

    I must ponder this

    namaste
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  4. haunting message
    from the autumn of a soul
    to be ignored

    ReplyDelete
  5. The double edged sword of need for food and hate of violence is the feeling this evoked for me.

    ReplyDelete